Celebrities from the world of sports and entertainment, dignitaries and special guests will be supporting The Ghana UK Based Achievement (GUBA) Awards to launch its 3rd GUBA 2012 Awards.
The launch will be the platform for unveiling the 2012 nominees and recipients of special awards. It also provides the opportunity for the media to access this exclusive information and be given a preview of what to expect on the night of the awards. GUBA 2012 will be honouring over 50 individuals across 12 categories. Recognition will also be given to top achievers who have excelled in various sectors over the past year.
His Excellency Professor Kwaku Danso Boafo, The Ghana High Commissioner to UK and Ireland, and Dentaa CEO and Founder of the GUBA awards will kick off the day by welcoming the over 50 nominees and invited guests, who will also get the chance to network with the host of celebrities, entrepreneurs and the VIP guests.
Guests lending their support on the day include;
- Hugh Quarshie (Holby City Actor and GUBA Patron)
- Jeanette kwakye (100m British sprinter and Ambassador for GUBA)
- Rachel Yankey MBE (Arsenal and England International Footballer)
- Henry Bonsu (Journalist, Director and Presenter on Colourful Radio)
- Rodney Hinds (The Voice of Sports – The Voice Newspaper)
- Charlene White (Journalist and ITV Newsreader)
- Lord Paul Boateng (UK’s First Black Cabinet Minister)
- Andy Ansah (Choreographer ex-Footballer and Actor)
- Komla Dumor (BBC World News Presenter)
- Claudia-Lisa Vanderpuije (Production Journalist and BBC Newsreader)
- Dorothy Koomson (Novelist)
- Ellen Thomas (Actress)
- Beverley De-Gale (ACLT Charity)
- Kojo (Comedian and Choice FM)
- Eddie Kadi (Comedian)
- John Blavo – leading black lawyer firm
- Philomena Kwao – plus size model
- John Painstil (Ghanaian Football Star and GUBA Patron)
- John Mensah (Ghanaian Football Star)
Also attending will be Directors of Craft and Olam International, Ghanaian news media, sports, business and media professionals.
Notes to Editors
The Press launch will be a great opportunity to find out more about our magnificent award ceremony, and you will also have the opportunity to interview some of our celebrities. This year’s award ceremony promises to be bigger and better.
The press launch will include following:
* Discussion with celebrities
* TV coverage/sponsors
* Ticket sales outlet
About Ghana UK Based Achievement (GUBA) Awards 2012
The GUBA Awards is a non-profit awards ceremony celebrating the excellent achievements of Ghanaians living in Britain and acknowledging the valuable services of UK based organizations to Ghanaians in the UK or Ghana. GUBA Awards is in its third year and aims at extending the awards to the wider African community in the UK.
For further information please contact:
To learn more about GUBA, visit www.gubaawards.co.uk